We are looking for a high calibre, intellectually curious, legal professional interested in creating value for and working collaboratively with our partners, vendors, customers and employees. Our culture empowers our employees with respect, autonomy, transparency, and opportunity in a growth-oriented environment. We are an equal opportunity employer fostering an inclusive and supportive culture.
The candidate will be required to:
– draft, review and negotiate, with customers and partners, merchant and vendor contracts, a wide range of commercial & other agreements including License, Production, Assignment, Anchor, Digital Content, VAS, Channel Distribution, Project, Ad. Sales, Content Acquisition Agreements, Release orders, guarantee documents, consultancy contract, bidding document, LOA, MOU, RFP, RFQ, retail contracts and other business contracts in line with company policies and risk tolerance.
– Should have some working knowledge of Lease agreements, Leave and license, Transfer deeds, special employment contracts, MOU- s, MOS and similar third party contracts.
– manage the company’s IP protection program,
– be familiar with the changes in law position and overview legal and regulatory requirements in e-commerce and excellent research skills
– be familiar with court procedures, drafting, pleading before courts, tribunals, and other judicial forums and research on case laws and should be able to handle consumer matters, trademark/copyright infringement cases, domain squatting cases, among others and having working knowledge of consumer cases
– assist legal teams in developing policies, procedures and risk mitigation strategies, displaying an understanding of the business requirements
– liaise with authorities in the region and address legal and regulatory requirements relating to the Company’s products and services.
– support the company’s leadership team with due diligence on special projects, new initiatives on need basis
specifically in India, while generally supporting the company’s growth globally.
Skills/educational qualification Required :
– Consumer litigation experience will be preferred.
– Candidate should be minimum a Graduate in Law, well conversant with E-commerce regulations/ banking Laws/ commercial laws / Intellectual Property Laws / Law of Contract / Law on IT and Communication/consumer litigation, etc., having excellent drafting skills. Should have an excellent command over English language.
– Computer Proficiency is a must.
– The candidate should have a broad-based positive attitude, strong written and verbal English communications skills and a desire to work as a member of a high-performance team. The candidate should be collaborative, open to working with a diverse group, and interested in dynamic, progressive and evolving work and responsibilities.
– The candidate must possess first-rate comprehension, analytical and problem-solving skills, and an orientation towards learning and accepting intellectual challenges.
– Candidate with a mix of law firm and in-house experience or with experience in e-commerce.
Desired Work Experience :
3 – 7 years
About Clues Network Pvt. Ltd. (ShopClues.Com)
At ShopClues, we passionately believe in keeping our customer's interest on top of everything else. Our day begins and ends with the aim of keeping our customers happy and with that goal in mind we promise you our Band of Trust.
Our Band of Trust comprises of our values via which we aim to consistently deliver a trusted shopping experience to all our customers: