1. Represent the company before various regulatory authorities/ Courts of law for resolution of any legal issues, as required,
2. Set up conciliation and/ or arbitration mechanism for alternate dispute resolution and appoint arbitrator for the case,
3. Ensure effective litigation management of all cases identification, appointment and management of external litigation partners, filing of cases and monitoring their progress, and provide timely updates to the business leadership,
4. Explore, evaluate and manage out of court settlements in coordination with relevant business leadership, and under guidance from the Head Legal,
5. Drafting plaints, written statements, affidavits, POAs, applications, etc.,
6. Collating correspondence and other relevant contracts/documents from and preparing litigation files meticulously,
7. Participating in strategy sessions internally and with external counsels,
8. Review and provide legal advice on tender documents,
9. Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures,
10. Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
11. Initiate updating of all standard document templates (LoI, Agreement, Notices etc.) on an ongoing basis especially in light of any changes in the law or its interpretation, with help from external legal counsel as required,
12. Take care of legacy litigation work in the operational mall related to service tax issue in coordination with the external legal counsel by ensuring all records of dates/appearances are maintained.
6 to 9 years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co. Ltd.
Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Company Ltd. (GIFTCL) was established in 2007 as a 50:50 joint venture company between Gujarat Urban Development Company Limited i.e. GUDCL (an undertaking of the Government of Gujarat) and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited i.e. IL&FS. The mission of the company is to develop and implement the Gujarat International Finance Tec - City project in the Ahmedabad - Gandhinagar region of the state of Gujarat.
GIFT city aspires to cater to India's large financial services potential by offering global firms a world-class infrastructure and facilities. It aims to attract the top talent in the country by providing the finest quality of life all with integrated townships, IFSC and multi speciality special economic zone (SEZ). The site is 12 KM from the Ahmedabad International Airport and 8 KM from Gandhinagar.